Coq Au Bacchus
- 50g butter
- splash of olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of lemongrass, well bashed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- One bunch of coriander, stems chopped and leaves reserved
- Juice of one lime
- 1 free range organic chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
- 350 ml Bacchus
- 250 ml Chicken stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful chopped coriander and zest of one lemon
- Melt the butter and oil together in a large pan.
- Brown the chicken pieces all over and remove from the pan.
- Add shallots and celery and fry until soft and translucent
- Add the garlic and lemongrass and fry until fragrant
- Add the browned chicken back to the pan.
- Pour in the wine, lime juice and stock allow to come up to a boil. Cover and place in a 180c oven for 30 mins. Uncover, baste chicken pieces and return to the oven, uncovered, for another 15 mins.
- Remove lemongrass. Add the chopped coriander and lemon zest and season to taste.
- Serve with rice, egg noodles or crusty bread